Award winning creative director to oversee Chicago office as well as interactive creative agency-wide
CHICAGO (October 7, 2010) – Hoffman York has named Michael Rivera, Executive Creative Director to oversee creative in the Chicago office as well as interactive creative agency wide.
Rivera’s experience in leading both interactive and mainline agencies provides a variety of advertising, digital interaction and design experience that enables him to bridge the gap between brand strategy and engagement-driven digital strategy. He was recently executive creative director at Agency.com where he led interactive creative assignments for clients such as Hewlett-Packard, Dreamworks Animation, Energizer, Kohler, Aon, and Fisher-Price.
“We had been watching Michael for a long time and we are thrilled to have him join the agency,” said David Sheehan, president of Hoffman York Chicago. “Our interactive and Chicago office business has nearly doubled over the past two years. With Michael’s creative and digital expertise and talent, Hoffman York is even better positioned to provide clients with powerful integrated marketing solutions across all platforms.”
Prior to joining Agency.com, Rivera spent seven years at MARC USA and one year at JLA before it was acquired by MARC. There he led the agency’s creative efforts on True Value, WMS Gaming and Sennheiser among many other clients. During Rivera’s award winning career his work has been recognized by numerous industry competitions including a Webby, Effie, One Show, and Addy.
“Hoffman York has grown by leaps and bounds in the past couple of years and I’m thrilled to be a part of the agency’s evolution,” said Rivera. “The culture here is savvy about integration and there’s an optimism that gives me a lot of confidence that we have the team to get to the next level.”
About Hoffman York
Hoffman York is a full-service integrated marketing agency offering advertising, public relations, interactive and marketing services. The agency also offers specialty services in the areas of green marketing (HY-brid) and advertising to women (Kaleidoscope Group). Hoffman York is one of the top independent agencies in the country and has offices in Chicago and Milwaukee. Clients include Advocate Health Care, Arlington Park RaceTrack, Churchill Downs, Comcast, Four Winds Casino, Museum of Science & Industry, Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business, MASCO (including Merillat and Quality cabinetry and Milgard Windows & Doors), Schlitz, Wahl Clippers, Wausau Paper, Wisconsin Lottery and Yamaha Outboards. For more information, visit www.hoffmanyork.com.
# # #
- Hoffman York has named Michael Rivera, Executive Creative Director to oversee creative in the Chicago office as well as interactive creative agency wide.
- Rivera’s was most recently executive creative director at Agency.com
- Rivera served as Executive Creative Director at MARC USA, JLA, and Agency.com, as well as creative director at J.Walter Thompson
- Rivera’s brand experience includes: Hewlett-Packard, Dreamworks Animation, Energizer, Kohler, Aon, Fisher-Price, Sherwin-Williams, Oscar Mayer, Miller Brewing, Bandai Digital, Performics, Gerber, Kraft and True Value.
- Rivera’s career covers advertising across the full spectrum of multi-media environments.
Meghan Warner, (414) 225-9581