HY Connect recently hosted a session for Social Media Week Chicago, an annual summit that brings together experts to discuss the past, present, and future of social media. Presenting from the 82nd floor of the stunning Willis Tower, HY Connect VP Account Supervisor-Earned Media Pat Kopischkie and GreaterGood.org Director of Foundation Relations Noah Horton addressed an audience of 70 business owners and marketing professionals. Together, they shared keys to successful brand partnerships and how partnerships can be leveraged to grow community and build engagement on social media. Pat and Noah worked together previously on the award-winning Wahl Dirty Dogs campaign and used that case study and others to give attendees real examples of best practices.
From their presentation, the five keys to a successful social media partnership include:
- Compelling Story. Turn what you have to “sell” into a story that is memorable and engaging.
- Like-minded Partner. If it’s hard to explain “why this partner” it is not a good fit. Brand partnerships should create excitement, not confusion for your audience.
- “Cause to Action.” When it comes to social, the ask is critical. People may be more likely to take action on behalf of a cause so nonprofits make great partners.
- Engaged Commitment. Be upfront about partnership terms and conditions.
- Share-ability. Make it easy for people to share your campaign, create assets that work well on mobile.
You can also view the presentation on SlideShare.